Kraig B. Long
Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
100 S. Charles Street
Baltimore, MD 21201
Kraig defends employers against claims of discrimination and harassment, wage and hour violations, failure to accommodate, wrongful termination, and retaliation. He also regularly counsels and trains supervisors and managers on accommodating employees with disabilities, managing family and medical leave, creating diverse and inclusive workplaces, and minimizing litigation risks in the workplace.
Kraig has worked with small business owners, Fortune 500 corporations, state and local governments, and for-profit and non-profit organizations in conducting independent investigations of allegations of harassment and discrimination, responding to charges of discrimination and EEOC investigations, and remediating other potential workplace issues.
Kraig has authored or co-authored articles on labor and employment law issues for Matthew Bender & Company’s monthly Labor and Employment Bulletin and the Society for Human Resource Management’s Court Report. Kraig also serves on the Prince George’s County Judicial Nominating Committee and is president of the Judge Alexander Williams, Jr. Center for Education, Justice & Ethics, a nonprofit organization at the University of Maryland devoted to researching, developing solutions to, and providing a forum for discussing the challenges facing underserved and disadvantaged communities. Since 2015, Kraig has been recognized by Maryland Super Lawyers for his work in employment litigation. In 2019, he received The Daily Record’s Leadership in Law Award, and in 2021 he was honored as a Leader in Diversity by the Baltimore Business Journal.
- University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law, JD, with honors (1998)
- Temple University, BA, with honors (1992)
- District of Columbia
- Supreme Court of the United States
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
Whether you are seeking to:
- understand your obligations under federal, state and local employment laws
- create or revise an employment agreement, restrictive covenant or employee handbook
- implement or discuss employment-related policies, procedures or measures
- receive guidance for union organizing, labor disputes or collective bargaining matters
- defend individual, class, and collective lawsuits brought by an employee or employees
our team is here to help.
Our team works with a diverse group of employers—some with large in-house legal, human resources, and labor/employee relations teams, and others with limited or no in-house support. We collaborate directly with your management team to increase efficiencies and synergies that support your business and employee relations goals.
We help clients manage:
- Properly classifying and paying employees under federal and state laws, including the FLSA, Davis-Bacon Act and Service Contract Act
- Internal investigations including wage-hour audits
- EEOC or NLRB charges, OFCCP audits and OSHA inspections
- Claims of harassment, retaliation and discrimination
- Positive employee relations strategies
- Lawful responses to union organizing
- Training of management on compliance with federal and state employment laws
Nelson Mullins is a diversified law firm of more than 800 attorneys, policy advisors, and professionals across 25 offices serving clients in more than 100 practice areas.
- Our litigators are trial lawyers, serving Fortune 200 clients, litigating high-stakes matters, and participating on national and virtual trial teams.
- Our corporate and transactional teams provide high quality corporate, securities, finance, venture capital, commercial real estate, real estate capital markets, and technology services.
- Our government relations team serves clients at the federal, state and local levels and includes former high-ranking government officials.
- Our intellectual property group has been recognized nationally for IP litigation and provides a full-range of IP services for clients across industry sectors.
- Our Nelson Mullins Encompass team is a dedicated practice group that provides integrated e-discovery and information governance services to clients on a flexible and scalable basis, serving as Enterprise E-Discovery Counsel for Fortune 200 clients and empowering focused and defensible strategies with law firm accountability.
Together, we serve as trusted advisors to clients across a range of business sectors with client relationship fundamentals of quality, dependability, solution-oriented service and value.