Paul T. Trimmer
Jackson Lewis P.C.
300 S. Fourth Street
Las Vegas, NV 89101
Paul Trimmer is a principal in the Las Vegas, Nevada, office of Jackson Lewis P.C. Paul advises employers across a wide spectrum of industries including hospitality and gaming, entertainment and nightlife, transportation, health care, mining, business process outsourcing and software development, restaurants and food service, construction, food manufacturing, and life sciences.
Paul’s practice is balanced between traditional labor matters, including collective bargaining negotiations, arbitrations, strikes, lockouts, representation cases, unfair labor practice litigation and other disputes before the National Labor Relations Board, and federal and state court employment litigation such as wage and hour class actions, statutory discrimination claims, prevailing wage disputes, restrictive covenant disputes, and Taft-Hartley trust fund lawsuits. He has successfully argued several cases before the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Representative Labor Work
- Successfully petitioned the United States Court of Appeals for D.C. Circuit to vacate a decision issued by the National Labor Relations Board against a hotel casino.
- Successfully defended hotel casino, prevailing before an administrative law judge, against an unfair labor practice charge alleging unlawful discharge for engaging in concerted activity.
- Successfully represented employers in election matters before the National Labor Relations Board.
- Successfully represented employer in post-election objections litigation, obtaining withdrawal of objections due to technical defects.
- Obtained summary judgment in Section 301 litigation against transportation company and dismissal of allegations that collective bargaining agreement was invalid due to union’s lack of ratification on the grounds that Nevada law is preempted by the NLRA.
- Obtained dismissal by Regional Director of union petition for representation on the grounds that the petition contained procedural and substantive defects.
- Successfully represented employers in unfair labor practice litigation involving allegations that they implemented unlawful unilateral changes, obtaining dismissal of the complaint after hearing before administrative law judge.
- Successfully represented employer in unfair labor practice litigation involving allegation that it unilaterally restructured department without first bargaining with the union, obtaining dismissal of the complaint after hearing before administrative law judge.
- Successfully represented various employers in hotel casino, mining, transportation and waste management industries in labor arbitrations concerning alleged contract violations, rule implementation and discharge without just cause.
- Successfully represented various employers in hotel casino, mining, transportation, nightlife and defense industries in obtaining pre-complaint dismissal or withdrawal of unfair labor practice charges.
For more than 60 years, our top priority has been providing the highest level of client service and legal representation, whether that is preventive reviews, responsive advice and counsel, or defending employers in litigation.
- Preventive Approach: We partner with clients to minimize workplace-related disputes by educating employers on legal trends, judicial developments, and statutory and regulatory compliance.
- Focus on Client Service: We work with employers to create flexible fee arrangements that best suit our clients’ needs and offer a wide range of value-added programs and services, including local and national programs, webinars, newsletters and legal alerts regarding emerging developments.
- Local, National and Global Coverage: Our local offices across the U.S. provide representation to employers of all sizes from coast to coast, while our national practice groups ensure all our attorneys throughout the country have easy access to the latest resources in each practice area. Through our International Employment practice and relationship with L&E Global, we assist multinational employers on issues that extend beyond our borders.
- Legal Solutions that Make Business Sense: We take the time early on in any matter to analyze the legal issues and our client’s business objectives, and then develop a strategy that takes both into account.