Vianei Lopez Braun
Decker Jones, P.C.
801 Cherry Street
Suite 2000, Unit #46
Fort Worth TX 76102-6836
Tel: (817) 336-2400
Ms. Braun has been representing employers for more than 25 years, providing practical advice on employment law compliance and avoiding litigation. Vianei’s diverse experience includes representing large publicly traded companies, governmental entities, small to mid-sized businesses as well as individual professionals and executives.
In addition to defending employers in litigation and arbitration matters, Vianei handles administrative matters involving the EEOC, TWC, DOL, OFCCP, NLRB and other federal and state agencies. She also reviews and updates employer policies and procedures, provides customized management and employee training programs, and provides advice and counsel on personnel matters and litigation avoidance.
Vianei handles employment law matters for clients in a wide variety of industries and sectors, including:
- Health Care
- Financial Services / Banking
- Educational Institutions
- Public Entities
- Nonprofit Organizations
Vianei is licensed in Texas, having graduated from University of Texas School of Law. At age 19, she was the youngest female ever to graduate Princeton University.
Vianei is an author and frequent speaker on employment law issues, and was a contributing author to the treatise Texas Employment Law (James Publishing) and the book Texas School Law: A Practical Guide (Education Law Association).
- “Offer Multiple Avenues for Reporting Harassment,” Oral interview in Texas Monthly, https://www.texasmonthly.com/the-culture/womens-voices-project-vianei-lopez-braun/
- “Arbitration Agreements: An Epic Idea for Employers?” Article in Fort Worth Business Press http://www.fortworthbusiness.com/news/arbitration-agreements-an-epic-idea-for-employers/article_979906b6-9ce0-11e8-a0b1-2fd45e8a678b.html
- “Legal Workshop – Employment Law,” (co-presenter with Cynthia Hill), Big Country Society for Human Resource Management, September 18, 2018, Abilene, TX
- “Employment Law Update,” Texas Bankers Association HR & Operations Conference, August 9, 2018, Bastrop, TX
- “Arbitration Agreements After Epic Systems v Lewis,” (co-presenter with Mark Shank and Margie Harris), TexasBarCLE webcast, July 2, 2018
- “Legal Issues in the Onboarding Process,” 25th Annual Labor & Employment Law Conference, UT Law CLE, May 11, 2018, Austin, TX
- “EEOC: Investigations and Enforcement in 2018,” The Knowledge Group webcast, May 9, 2018.
- “Resolving Workplace Conflicts,” (co-presenter with David T. Lopez), TexasBarCLE Advanced Employment Law Course, January 18, 2018, Dallas, TX
- “Employment Law for the Business Trial Lawyer,” TexasBarCLE Business Disputes Course, 2017, Austin, TX
- “Employment Law for Managers,” Texas Business Conference, Texas Workforce Commission, 2017, Arlington, TX
- “Essential Employment Law Course,” (co-presenter of full-day seminar with Connie Cornell), UT Law CLE, 2017, Austin, TX
- “Employment Law in the Age of Trump,” Lubbock Society for Human Resource Management, 2017, Lubbock, TX
- “FLSA Compliance Issues,” TexasBarCLE Advanced Employment Law Course, January 20, 2017, Dallas, TX
- Ethical Issues in Witness Preparation,” (co-presenter with Judge Melody Wilkinson and JoAnn Merica), TexasBarCLE Webcast, August 30, 2016, Austin, TX
- Supreme Court of Texas (1991)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit (1991)
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas (1992)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas (1995)
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas (1995)
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas (2010)
- Super Lawyers – Employment & Labor, Thomson Reuters, (2021)
- Great Woman of Texas, Fort Worth Business Press (2018)
- Top Attorney, Labor & Employment Law, Fort Worth Texas Magazine (2021)
- Top Attorney, Labor & Employment Law, 360 West Magazine (2017-2021)
- Super Lawyer in Labor & Employment Law, Texas Monthly (2003-2014, 2019)
- Top Lawyer, Labor & Employment Law, H Texas Magazine (2014-2015)
- Top Lawyer, Labor & Employment Law, Houstonia Magazine (2014-2015)
- Martindale-Hubbell, 5.0 Preeminent AV rating
- Presidential Citation for Service, State Bar of Texas (2004)
The Employment Practice Group at Decker Jones represents employers in a variety of labor and employment matters, including investigations and audits by the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), the Texas Workforce Commission (TWC), the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL), and other administrative agencies.
Our employment lawyers have defended management in federal and state court lawsuits involving all types of employment litigation, including sexual harassment, age discrimination, race discrimination, and disability discrimination. In addition to our litigation practice, we advise clients on a variety of federal, state and local labor and employment laws, including decisions regarding hirings, terminations, and reductions in force, and assist clients with non-competition and confidentiality agreements as well as employee handbooks.
The applicability of certain state and federal laws depends on the size of the employer. Our attorneys know what laws apply to what companies because we represent employers of all sizes. Whether a business has five employees or over 10,000 employees, we are equipped and experienced to provide sound, dependable legal advice.
Decker Jones is a full-service law firm serving Fort Worth and the North Texas community. For more than 100 years, we’ve participated in the city’s economic expansion and addressed the ever-changing needs of our clients. Rooted in this rich history, we’re a forward-thinking firm working to advance and protect the interests of the clients we serve.
At Decker Jones we believe in a one-on-one approach to customer service. Each client has a single point of contact backed by a network of attorneys working together on their behalf. It’s how we provide clients our full range of legal expertise with the personalized service they deserve. Our attorneys apply creative solutions to complex legal issues across a wide range of practice areas. We help clients achieve long-term goals while addressing their immediate legal needs. Versatility, strength of character, a thorough knowledge of the law and our commitment to client satisfaction is at the core of the Decker Jones firm. If you need legal representation, please call. We’re here to help.